Monday, May 25, 2009

Gone Fishin'...

Sunday we spent a lovely day at Smith's Trout Farm, which is nestled among the forest, right outside of Calistoga, CA. I would post a link, but they do not have a website as the business is family owned and operated. In talking to the primary owner, Mr. Smith, I found out that he happily lives on the gorgeous property surrounding the trout farm, as does his children with their families.

This place truly is "away from it all" and so peaceful. We had the best time eating great food with fantastic company, oh yes, and catching trout too! In fact, I caught quite the looker myself..no picture to prove it, but trust me I got the prize for biggest fish of the day.

Some of these pictures are small, so I apologize for that..not sure what happened there!?




This one is of Eva finishing off a ewwy gooey chewy chocolate cookie. If you can't tell from this picture, this little one is pretty well covered in the gooeyness. After she snagged a cookie, she was so happy with it (and herself), I couldn't bring myself to take away her fun. You are only...16 months (this week!!) once, right?!!

Nice posing Evabug!

And as if this is not enough beauty, we stumble upon these two creatures:

xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Aww..Eva knows how to pose for a picture! Must get that from her mommy :) Looks like a fun time!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she got it from her auntie. I have been tellin' stories again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...now only Eva can stay at Kroeger B&BLD :)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete